Choose Your Words Carefully: Negative Words Impact Your Results
This Is Your Brain on Negative Words
Accentuate the Positive
A Change In Vocabulary
If you can send us your department code, we'll process your order right away.
- Tells the recipient what cannot be done.
- Implies blame.
- Includes words like can't, won't, unable to.
- Doesn't stress positive actions or possibilities.
You neglected to... You failed to... You claim that... I fail to understand how... I must insist...You must do... You should do...
- Tell people what can be done.
- Suggest alternatives and choices.
- Are helpful and encouraging rather than degrading or demoralizing.
- Emphasize positive actions and possibilities.
We can help you do X if you send us Y... One option open to you is... Can I suggest?