Executive Presence - So What Is It, Really?
- Appearance: professional and appropriate for different situations
- Visibility: networking, active participation
- Powerful and Clear Communications: listening, connecting, presenting, and storytelling
- Confidence: poise under stress and pressure, expressing opinions
- Influence: Credibility and Respect
- Emotional Intelligence: reading people, predicting behavior,Energy: passion, resiliency and being in charge
So how does a company define executive presence? An organization defines it in the context of their specific needs. A great way to define it is to review and rate members on your team for their executive presence. Identify the 3-4 members of your executive team who you believe have mastered executive presence. Then discuss amongst the team those qualities and behaviors that make you perceive them as leading the way.