What Is Conflict Coaching?
So What Is Conflict Coaching?
It's not mediation; it's not arbitration; it's not litigation; and it's not therapy. Conflict coaching can be done with individuals in crisis or for whole organizations as a way to make the ubiquitous corporate mission, vision, and value statements become more than words on a poster in the lunch room...
- Clarify key issues and identify goals.
- Create a road map that helps achieve those goals.
- Change habitual behaviors that impede individuals and organizations from resolving issues and/or achieving goals.
- Shift unhelpful reactions into constructive responses.
- Improve language and communication skills for more efficient and constructive interactions.
- Become better problem solvers by developing personal insight, clarity, and different structure for thought processes.
There is no way to avoid conflict in the work place, nor would you necessarily want to avoid all conflict. Conflicting viewpoints, and contrasting thought processes can be incredibly valuable. If disputes and heated arguments are getting in the way of progress, however, conflict coaching can help transform discord into opportunity.